The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Trust is a new charity and this is just the beginning of our story. We believe that the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park has some of the most spectacular scenery and cherished coastline in Britain and we are here to help protect for future generations.
Watch our latest video
Our charitable objectives are to:
- Promote the conservation, protection and enhancement of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and surrounding areas including wildlife within the National Park.
- Advance the education about the importance of the National Park, the wildlife within and the natural landscapes.
- Advance the physical and mental health of the general public, including encouraging people to walk and take exercise within the National Park.
- To promote, for the provision of the facilities for recreation or other leisure time on the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the conditions of life.
We will do this by
Improving access to our great outdoors
We want to help as many people as possible of all ages and abilities to enjoy and experience the Pembrokeshire Coast’s amazing landscape. We will:
- Support projects that help make our National Park more accessible
- Develop more information about accessible sites and attractions in the National Park and share this with as many people as possible
Boosting biodiversity and conservation
We want to encourage individuals, organisations and businesses to pitch in to improve habitats and enable wildlife to thrive. We will:
- Help to set up new projects and extend existing schemes that promote biodiversity along the coastal corridor
- Identify and control Invasive Non Native Species (INNS) such as Himalayan balsam and Japanese knotweed across the National Park.
Promoting outdoor learning
We want young people to reduce their screen time, get outdoors and discover the coastline, walks and woodland on their doorstep. We will:
- Support partnerships and projects like the Pembrokeshire Outdoor Schools
- Enabling more local children to benefit from outdoor learning and understand how and why our environment is so important and needs to be protected.
Supporting skills and jobs
We want to give people a chance to learn the skills that will equip them for a career in caring for the Pembrokeshire Coast. We will:
- Provide traineeships involving practical skills to support young people to gain access to employment opportunities locally
- Help tourism businesses unlock the conservation potential of their land and provide training so they can play an active role in keeping our National Park special.
Working together to protect the Pembrokeshire Coast
We can’t do it alone. We work with partners, landowners, businesses and community organisations. Together we are a force of nature; protecting our cherished coastline for the next generation.
This is our National Park….let’s protect it TOGETHER.
Find out more about the Trust
Frequently asked questions
Answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Trust.
Behind the Charity
We will work with a range of organisations and businesses to help care for the Pembrokeshire Coast